Trout Grounds in Port Sheldon Area

Hey all, been trying to add targeting lake trout to our bag of tricks this year when the silver fish aren't interested. I've picked up a tin can and spin n glow setup per suggestions found on this site and tried running it for the first time last Saturday. We were bouncing bottom with it in 95-105 FOW running 1.9-2.1 SOG for a bit but didn't manage any hits. We were pretty much straight out to slightly south of the pier heads. Any suggested areas around PS for targeting these things? Are you typically marking fish on bottom in these areas when you're catching fish?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Will you mark them on bottom? Yes.

Not always but you certainly can if you know what your looking for on your particular sonar. Sometimes the fish are in one specific area so I drive around a bit and see if i have any good marks. I also dont stay in one depth more then 40ish mins without a hit. Usually you will find at least a couple hits an hour if your around em.

Ask dave ash "killin it" about fishing lakers. He knows quite a bit.

As far as areas the closer you to get saugy area the better they are. You should still be able to find some in PS though.

Kevin:

The best way to catch them consistently is to find them on the bottom, use a fairly short lead with a Trash Can and Spin-n-glow, put your ball on the sand and keep in light contact with the bottom, they will hit. Slow down to 1 mph or less and try running cowbells with the same or a peanut. Those greasers on the bottom what her slow. Kenny Neidlinger tells me that he used to run a Mtn Dew 8" paddle and a Pickled Sunshine fly all of the time on bottom to get his Lake trout. ( Ken is in really bad shape, his dementia is progressing very fast.