Getting into copper

Hello,

First time posting here, I am looking at adding in a copper rod to my set up.

I have a penn 320 gti and magda 30 that are not being used currently. Can I got 300 ft of copper onto this reel?

I mainly fish sturgeon bay, wi.

Thanks!

Tho it's a pain to ensure a full fill I wind copper on reel first then my desired backing then using a cordless drill and an empty wire spool I spin it all back of and re-put it on my reel in the reverse order. This ensures I have the maximum amount of backin my reel is capable of holding.

Hello,

First time posting here, I am looking at adding in a copper rod to my set up.

I have a penn 320 gti and magda 30 that are not being used currently. Can I got 300 ft of copper onto this reel?

I mainly fish sturgeon bay, wi.

Thanks!

Second page of this document will get you in the ballpark on the 320gti, figure about 50 yards less backer than the 330 gti. Both reels, particularly the Magda is a bit on the small size for any decent length of copper..

http://www.bloodruntackle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/CopperDiveChart.pdf

Check out the reel calculator excel spreadsheet. You should be able to figure out what will work and what will not. Some rocket scientist developed the math that makes it work. It's really slick:thumb:

I have some 330 GTIs and they barely fit a 250 copper. You have to make sure and have fireline or powerpro backing.

I would say "no". A 300 copper will not fit on a 320 GTi or a Magda 30. They are both too small. Buy a Convector 55L for 300 coppers, you won't be sorry. :)