Manistee over the weekend

The Bud Pro/Am was this past weekend (6/21 & 6/22) so lots of activity. Big fish were scare but a few over 18 were brought to the scales. My party had a great time fishing but the big fish were not to be found where we were. 8 for 8 on Saturday and 10 for 12 on Sunday so everyone got fish to take home. Weather was very good with a brief spell of fog on Saturday and more intense fog on Sunday.

Fishing is good and picking up each week.

300 copper and Bloody Nose drew the most hits. Only had one hit all weekend on meet and that was on a 300 copper as well. Mixed Veggies and a Blue Dolphin drew hits as well. Double Trouble and Bloody Nose also drew hits on riggers 75 to 135 down. We never got into a fast and furious bite, just picked away at them. Marked fish (primarily) from 60 to 150 in 90 to 355. We did a bit of cruising into the deeper zones looking for some temp breaks trying for steelhead but couldn't find them.

Hope this helps. I am going back out this PM with a group from the southeast part of the state and I hope we can still find them, or their big brothers and sisters.

Have a great and safe summer. Tight Lines.

I'm outa holland and plan on goin out this week at some point. I'm in a 14ft aluminum and the temps around here on bottom say there should still be a few fish on bottom in 60-100fow and plan on working those depths. Was wondering if dipsys and spinnies were worth a shot.. Sounds like my coppers are gonna get the nod. Thanks for the report

No problem, I try to be as helpful as possible. Tonight we couldn't find a temp break until we were in 280 fow and found a break at about 65 but we lost it real quick. Though the colder water was deep (58 surface 50 down to 80 feet or so) we still had hits on 4 color; 6 color; 150 copper. Nothing to brag about but my people were happy 9 for 14.

Have a great time fishing and be safe this summer. Tight Lines.