3 for 3. Took a couple rookies from work out this morning. Not the fast and furious fishing that we were looking for, but we put the new guy on his first salmon. He's an avid bass guy, never been on or fished the big water before. A nice 16 pound king slammed the wire dipsy set on 1, 88 feet back, Hawg wild spin doctor with a holographic looking fly, 55 feet of water. The rod was in the holder less then a minute before it took off, first thing this morning.

Later a baby king 14"er took the same flasher fly 55 back in around 114fow.

Then just before pulling lines a 27" lake trout took the same rig, again about 55 back in around 80fow.

Washed everything in the boat, but seeing my inland fishing buddy freak on his first king was worth every penny of fuel burned!

Sounded pretty much like a slow morning for most.

I managed to net a 6# male king in 51 fow on an Easter egg glow spoon about 8:30 am and that was it. I was a touch north of the Muskegon pier heads.

Had lots of marks 70' and shallower but could only get that 1 to go.

well you hooked 4 or the fish cought one. wich is it ? if your buddy starts asking lots of questions about boats and gear and is interested in going again real soon and starts to lose interest in bass...well u could be to blame kindly cosign for the new rig!