Au Gres 6-12-2014

I had the pleasure of fishing with Chuck A, Bob E, and my grandson Alex. A 3 oz down rod was hot with a #4 dirty copper blade. 1.5 MPH. 29-34 FOW. Quick 4 man limit with little time to eat drink or wind my watch. We fished 12 lines with 10 Offshore boards with flags and 2 oz bouncers with harnesses. Two down rods with 3 oz bouncers. :)

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/8/7/dsc00674_a_thumb.jpg' alt='dsc00674_a_thumb.jpg'>

Nice job Frank. We fished in that area yesterday morning and did well, but we lost a lot of fish in the big, surging waves. We also found good fishing in shallow water near Au Gres yesterday too, but there were some sheephead and white bass mixed in there along with more undersized walleyes than we found out deeper. The shallow water bite did keep us busy though yesterday.

Nice work Frank. How far back did you have to run the 2 and 3 oz rigs?

Everything was kept right on the bottom or slightly up. We had a couple of high ones on the outside boards early but soon put them to the basement where the action was. I don't like to think about how far back when I run bouncers. They are either on the bottom or so many feet up. When I'm asked how far back I run bouncers I usually don't say anything. I'd be happy to explain a bouncer presentation in person or otherwise. To me how far back is not an appropriate BB question. I don't mean any offense but I would rather spend hrs explaining how to run BB than to give up easy answers that will be useless in the future with different depths and speeds. My bouncers are homemade and run a bit different than the store bought ones do. It sure would have been easier just to drop a few numbers. :lol:

Everything was kept right on the bottom or slightly up. We had a couple of high ones on the outside boards early but soon put them to the basement where the action was. I don't like to think about how far back when I run bouncers. They are either on the bottom or so many feet up. When I'm asked how far back I run bouncers I usually don't say anything. I'd be happy to explain a bouncer presentation in person or otherwise. To me how far back is not an appropriate BB question. I don't mean any offense but I would rather spend hrs explaining how to run BB than to give up easy answers that will be useless in the future with different depths and speeds. My bouncers are homemade and run a bit different than the store bought ones do. It sure would have been easier just to drop a few numbers. :lol:

I'm the same way with that question on setback. If you tell someone how far back you are setting a lure and that person copies it and doesn't catch anything, then they think you are BSing them when in fact there are so many factors in determining the proper running depth that books have been written on the subject. Line diameter, trolling speed, current, direction of troll, leader, weight, type of weight and many other factors all go into the setback equation.