running dipseys

trying to get better understanding of low and high diver set ups. what i have is 2 walker 107's and 2 magnums with rings on them. 107's set on 1.5 deep and magnums set on 3 high, is that right? and what should the line out be to keep them split correctly.

i think you want the biggest set to go deepest with it being closer to the boat and on like 1 or 1.5 then another smaller diver on 3 in the next holder toward the bow. only going from what i think i remember hearing i dont run 2 per side. i am sure you will get more info as folks see this.

On dipsy the number is 1,2,3 setting runs the diver closer or further to the side. I run two a side and two right off the back plus four down riggers two off side and two off back with no problems rarely ever a tangle! This is what works for me so others may have better ways that work for them. use the same size divers I set my rod closest to the bow on 3 then my second rod closet to the back at 1.5 I can run them at the same depth and never tangle but if I want one deeper I will let more line out on the 1.5 set diver leaving the 3 set diver to run higher always deeper closer to the boat! That way outside fish can cross over top just like with planner boards! On the back of the boat I set both divers at .5 or 1 obviously one left and one to the right just to get a little seperation I usually only run bechold fish catchers on the back (have had sd tangle but never fish catchers) and spindoctors on the sides. The dipsys come with a chart as a guideline as to how much line out to achieve depth with and without oring. Oh almost forgot I run the outside divers with the oring and the back of the boat divers with out oring. I set all my divers first then my downriggers (Only time this is different is if Im running boards off the sideI usually set them first) and lastly my full core lead right down the center. Now some times depending on currents and my boys sloppy driving (lol) the lead can tangle with a diver but seriously I think it happend maybe twice out of 30-40 trips last year. Again this is just how I run I'm sure many others do things differently possibly better but this works for me! Consault the chart provided with dipsey for depth or I'm sure it's on line and can be printed off. Remember its a guide only! I usually talk to guys and read here what guys are setting them at catching fish and follow suit if I'm not getting hit then I experiment. I cant tell you how many times I come on here and read the post and set my dipsey's to exactly what guys are posting-- slam fish and never change them. That's what makes this site so awesome the info is accurate and honest and everyone is willing to help a fellow fishermen so if I dont see a post I simply ask, never been let down yet!!! Good Luck!