What a great day. Dead calm with no boat pressure and the Kings showed up in fo...

Looks like you had it going on up there. We finaly found fish this morning in front of the project in ludington in 75 ft. Surface down to 70 ft on the riggers. Fish were scattered. We had the same traffic in ludington. Only 3 boats in sight. 4 for 6 3 kings 1 steely. orange crush spoon on 3 color and moonshing uv wonderbread spoon

Charters are really busy this time of year. I know personally, I post reports when I get time. This awesome site allows us to do both, it let's us post on our fb and links to the site for a post. Charter captain information is hard to come by.

Charters are really busy this time of year. I know personally, I post reports when I get time. This awesome site allows us to do both, it let's us post on our fb and links to the site for a post. Charter captain information is hard to come by.

Matt we know where the big Danel boat was fishin this weekend :lol: hard not to stop by where you guys were after you weighed in 10 fish on Saturday and we passed you guys and got into the deep water and didn't even get hit.

sorry not buying this school is not even out yet and you are telling me that they are running enough charters to only be able to post the face book link. as far as charter capt info is hard to come by what are you referring to ? i see captains that give all the info on this site and there own blog/website. yes i know you could be busy and maybe not want to give away the spot but with nothing but facebook on here i say spare us. look at yankee if you want to see how to juggle both.

Matt we know where the big Danel boat was fishin this weekend :lol: hard not to stop by where you guys were after you weighed in 10 fish on Saturday and we passed you guys and got into the deep water and didn't even get hit.

Call me anytime chandler. I'll pm you my number.

Gmfishon. There is more to running a charter boat than going fishing for 4-6 hours. Those big boats don't run and maintain themselves, they don't clean themselves. Quite often they are running two charters a day. So 8 -12 hours on the water, taking care of the clients, their fish, and the boat, all on top of having families themselves. I am very thankful for the information they do give on here. They don't have to, but they do. If they are not treated well they will stop. There are great charter captains on this site. Matt is one of the most helpful you will ever find, an all around great guy.

sorry not buying this school is not even out yet and you are telling me that they are running enough charters to only be able to post the face book link. as far as charter capt info is hard to come by what are you referring to ? i see captains that give all the info on this site and there own blog/website. yes i know you could be busy and maybe not want to give away the spot but with nothing but facebook on here i say spare us. look at yankee if you want to see how to juggle both.

There has been a lot of captains who have given imformation on this site as well as the average Joe's.Please don't feel the need to come on here and act like a Richard there is another site where people act like fools towards others if you wish to go there.This has to be the most civil forum I have seen and I quit going to the other site as to many buffoons showed up there.

These facebook posts from "GLF Pro Staff" are just fake scripted posts of their facebook page that someone else is doing. I do not doubt that most or all of them are fake. Seriously go back and look at all these facebook posts in the last 6 months, and tell me how many of them have given you a reply or anything. Your not going to see it. What you will see is a bunch of FAKE One Liners linked to their facebook page.

"GLF Pro Staff members will have the benefit and convenience of automatically sharing content from their Facebook pages with the GLF community in the fishing report forum chosen to be most relevant to their business and location (i.e., Lake Michigan captains will have their reports posted to the Lake Michigan Fishing Reports forum). This free promotion of your business will bring recognition and drive traffic to both your Facebook page and your charter or guide business. There is no extra work required after we set up your Pro Staff account - you post on Facebook and that post is shared automatically with the GLF community. The benefit for GLF and its members is high quality content from professional captains and guides from around the Great Lakes. There is no cost associated with participating in the program. All qualifying captains and guides will be given a Pro Staff Badge to put on their website upon acceptance."

I personally disagree with that statement, we at GLF are not getting "High Quality Content", thats not being posted to their facebook page. If it were to be of a higher quality these guys would be involved with the forums, not just a One liner linked to a picture. Yes, i understand the owner of the website is here to make this site busier, to increase traffic to it, so that it is more profitable for him. But this "GLF Pro Staff" facebook script needs to stop. It does not belong on Great Lakes Fisherman.

It's 2014. Social media is a part of life on the web. I don't mind going on Facebook to look at a few pics and some "free" fishing info. Nobody is twisting my arm to go there. I choose to view what I want. And like mentioned there's a report on his FB page with lures that are working etc... I appreciate the charter reports and hope they keep coming.

Fishing reports are helpful and let the average Joe see what is happening on the Lake. But they're where the fish were yesterday and what they were hitting on.... yesterday. I don't know what some of you want. What's truthful and fake on the web?????? I guess the only fishing reports that can't be disputed are walking down to the docks and a visit to the fish cleaning station?

Free info is free info. If its good for the charter business too, then great! I don't have a problem with it. They're hard working people and I want to see them do well.

I agree with Iron and others the info shared here is some of the best and usually done with class! Never have I found "fake info " I use it regularly on the water and very rarely is the info wrong when wrong ussually due to change in conditions. When I ask for help here I get good solid advise and I for one amy very thankful! I believe a politer approach would work! Most times when some one doesnt give all info some one will ask "hey do you mind sharing blah blah blah. So I guess from my point of view if you want to bitch go some where else and do that! If you want to be a part of a class act site conduct yourself accordingly! I for one use the info, am thankful for the info, and this site! I also left other sites because of the bragging and bickering. I for one say thankyou to the pro staff and charter captains!Seriously THANK YOU! I am humbled by your willingness to share! My family reap's the benifits of catching fish:thumb: the few time we are able to get out from your info! Thank you !!!!