eastside help

Planning a fishing trip to Saginaw bay late july early august it will be for long weekend of camping and fishing will there be any walleye around what part of the bay would be the best to be successful. Any help would be great.

The advice above is good. Watch the weather close. The shallow water Bay can be far worse than storms over deep water. The waves come close together. I'd bring the big boat and launch at the river. A day with two foot waves and an occasional 3 would make for a very uncomfortable day in the smaller boat. Smaller boats are fine when you can pick your days. You are locked into a time frame and should bring your best tools so that fishing a marginal day may be doable. If you want to jump on with me for a trip or two you'd be welcome.

Au Gres River is one of the best launches on the Bay. Stay towards the center of the river and channel until you clear the cans and you wont have any problems. Don't use either of the end ramps with the big boat.

Linwood: I was there a few years back with a friend. He tore up a SS prop on his 200 hp Johnson. Probably the same darn rock. It's probably a money maker for the local marinas.