Non Official Charter boats

What would you do with a boat/person that is not a Captain and a boat that is not inspected or approved by DNR that is operating as a Charter. I'm not talking about taking a few bucks to help with gas money or such but one with an Official Website calling themselves a Charter with Rates and such.

As a fellow charterboat operator Jon, you are supposed to report that captain and boat to the DNR asap for their investigation of the individual. Guys like this spoil it for the rest of us that are legal and up to date on our paperwork, plus critical inspections, all that cost us a lot of time and money. Cheating the system is risky for not only the captain, but his unsuspecting crew that relies on a safe and enjoyable trip. Talk to your local DNR officers so this doesn't continue.

Where you at, most time they will run a little sting op to catch them, and for the most part if caught they will lose most everything involved... I have NO tolerance for the so called captains that do that crap

This also happened several years ago at a local marina. Trouble was, the DNR said they had to catch the guy in the act of chartering illegally. So, I guess they have to have a sting operation to make it stick in court. Just reporting on him will not suffice, so they said anyhow. Hope they put a stop to this soon, and good luck.