My new tx-22 planer boards

Ok I've had a chance to use them ,after buying new connvector55 reels for the copper and enough pro line backer line. Let out the line , let it out past the copper line to the backer , attached board to the backer let them out tightening the line once they were past my riggers and dipseys , but they boards seem to struggle and well the poles constantly move up and down reacting to the small waves seems like I'm doing something wrong ,although I did catch a net line and lost my pro line on end of copper didn't lose any copper though , but are these boards suppose to struggle ??????

rods moving up and down is normal with the waves. I only pull up to a 250 copper on the 22's. When i use over 250 copper i switch to the tx44 board. Its a bigger board that can stand the pull of the longer copper. You may already know this but if you ajust the weight on the bottom of the board forward they will haul the heavier copper a little better. hope this helps

I use walleye boards instead of tx-22's. Despite the name they pull better then tx-22's.

I pull full cores and 300' 45lb copper with em. They do lag back a bit with full cores especially but work none the less.

Long lines will bounce and move around with the waves, this is normal. I just set the drag just high enough to not let the board pull out on its own. When a fish hits the drag peels out. I also don't set my boards to release.

Even 4 pound steelies made a noticeable pull on the drags.

Sounds like your doing it right. I'm with Gnarf I always set so drag is just tight enough to hold ( I do this with my dipseys as well they always still trip once fish is on but drag screams out as well!Seems to really set the hook in ) and I never use the board release.

Sounds like you got it figured out. Dont watch the rod tips bouncing for the most part. If you ever see a rod tip NOT bouncing then you know something is up. Might be dragging around a little guy or have a tangle.

If you need to on the TX 22s shift the weight fwd a bit on those boards to make the dig a little more and cut out to the side better. Lots of weight on the back end will make them ride a wheelie and then the angled part of the board is out of the water and will not "cut" the water and push itself out.

I never set the long coppers to release just point the rod tip at the board and crank and the board will work its way to the middle of your spread.

Then again I never run more than 2 boards a side on my rig so the only thing I am trying to clear over the top of is a dipsy. I set short cores on the outside of spread to trip and center before reeling very aggressively.

Thanks guys , yes they are poppin wheelies and I was setting out 300 coppers , I'll move the weight forward slightly , thought I might be using too small of boards . I only run two boards total, seriously I'm not like you guys , you guys are the best and I appreciate the advice .

I'm not near the boat so I do not know how stiff the rods are but they are Okuma copper rods

I use the same rods, they will bounce a bit but its normal.

I have the weights set all the way forward on my boards and get decent operation with 2 boards on either side. Im going to try moving them back just a bit on lighter setups to see how they go.

And a tip for setting the drag. I find with my convectors that the "sweet spot" is right where the board doesnt pull out, but I can reel in without any line coming in. If it clicks every now and then I just let it go, but in bigger waves/higher speeds I have to turn the dags 1 or 2 more clicks forward.