Hey Everybody.

My name is Capt. Dan Manyen.

I've been a guide/charter captain for 22 years. Started out on the Big Manistee for Steelies and Kings in 1986, using my drift boat under the business name of Steelie Dan. Guided there and on the Pere Marquette river for 15 years. Also been guiding (all seasons) on the Saginaw and Tittabawassee Rivers for Walleyes and Bass for 20 years. And on the Saginaw Bay (all seasons) for 10 years now. I'm a charter Captain that is not afraid to answer questions on all subjects. :eek: I won't be giving away my GPS numbers, but will help anybody the best I can that wants good honest answers about fishing and all related subjects on the waters I've fished all these years. :D

Welcome to the Site Dan! Whats your biggest eye? Ever get one like the one that was caught on Muskegon Lake?

Nothing as big as that monster yet. I did have my hands on a 16 pounder one spring day, when I helped our DNR take eggs at the Dow Dam on the Tittabawassee River. Personally, I got one on the wall I caught in 1986 thats 11.7. Got another on the Saginaw River night fishing 4 years ago that was 12.1 and released it. And had a client take one that was 12.4 two years ago on an ice charter.

Nov_11D.sized.jpg

IM000834.sized.jpg

Does anybody really ever give these away?!??!?!

Welcome to here Capt!

What I've discovered over the years of posting on fishing message boards, is that invariably you'll get PM's or E-mails from both strangers and new message board friends, asking you for the numbers where you caught those nice fish you posted about in a thread. And similar to having two dogs in the house, you don't give one a treat and not the other. So I like to state this up front when joining any new site. I share just about every technique and tidbit of info I can, from what depth to what brand scent I use on my lures. You'll have virtually every part of the puzzle you'll need to be successful when and if you fish the Saginaw Bay or rivers when you get here. But fallowing me in circles isn't part of the deal.:P;)

What I've discovered over the years of posting on fishing message boards, is that invariably you'll get PM's or E-mails from both strangers and new message board friends, asking you for the numbers where you caught those nice fish you posted about in a thread. And similar to having two dogs in the house, you don't give one a treat and not the other. So I like to state this up front when joining any new site. I share just about every technique and tidbit of info I can, from what depth to what brand scent I use on my lures. You'll have virtually every part of the puzzle you'll need to be successful when and if you fish the Saginaw Bay or rivers when you get here. But fallowing me in circles isn't part of the deal.:P;)

my sentimence exactly

I run over to the Bay occasionally in the summer.

First time I did this was a couple of years back and took my 16ft Starcraft. (which I no longer have and kinda miss)

I set down right after 200 boats went out for the Lind Classic....was an interesting time! Have a buddy that frequents the Bay. (best part was I came back with some hogs and seen some fishing the Classic come back with a big fat goose egg) Grew up fishing Eyes on St. Clair. Although I've never really grown up, I do like the occasional Eye!!!

Now as for the GPS coordinates, if I get asked, I usually won't tell the truth....... unethical maybe. My point, take a lot of nards to ask this and they deserve bunk info just for asking.....

Nice to meet ya so to speak Capn!

Thank's Frank.

I kinda found this place through default. I'm on Stinger Spoons Pro Staff and a regular on the Stinger site. And when these two teamed up, I was directed and invited to join this one. Not sure how helpful I'll be with open water reports or techniques anymore for the open water Kings and Steelies on Lake Michigan, as my nitch now is closer to my home and I quit personally chasing salmo species in open water the mid 80's. Always loved the river fisheries and liked not having to worry about the wind when fishing the rivers. And even though I sold my drift boat and Federal Forestry Guides License in 2001 after my third ratator cuff operation, I still book a few charters a year from state launches on the Pere Marquette/Big Manistee out of my Jet Sled, and could help in those reguards.

IM000711.sized.jpg

IM000713.sized.jpg

Dan

I know you always gave good advice on the MS site. I try to do the same. Hope to see you on the big pond. I fish mostly out of AuGres, but follow the action. I used to fish the Tittabawasse and Upper Saginaw river a lot, but lately it's just warm weather fishing on the bay and as many trips to Manistee in late July and August as I can get away with. LOL:) Again WELCOME

Frank

Welcome Capt. Dan,

Good to see you again.

I for one can attest to Dan's willingness to share, He has turned me on to some ideas' that caught fish when nothing else would.

What did you say those GPS numbers where again? LOL

Welcome Capt. Dan,

Good to see you again.

I for one can attest to Dan's willingness to share, He has turned me on to some ideas' that caught fish when nothing else would.

What did you say those GPS numbers where again? LOL

Thank's Shu.

W.93.57.683 E.13.64.157 And while your there pick me up a fresh Pinapple.:lol:

• 1 month later...

I live on the east side and been fishing the Bay for 25+yrs numbers dont mean anything.Who knows Dan might have seen me pulling fish in the boat and hit "mark"and created his own waypoint.......lol

This fishery is exploding over here there are fish everywhere.

If anyone wants some #'s give me a shout i'll share, not like i'm going to empty the Bay.....