What a great day to be on the water. Fished from 6 till 1130 AM but could not get anything to go. Fished from 130 to 200 fow. Spent a lot of time in the 175 area as I was marking fish there. Most every radio report of fish being caught was telling, as I was in the same water running the same setup. Must be some bad voo doo :o

On another note, think it might be time to upgrade my 15 year old spoon collection (passed down) Where is the best place to pick new spoons that are catching fish? (unlike mine) Thanks

Joe,

I have been a proud used of Big Lake Lures and Silver Streak lures. Both support the WMFL year in and year out for my spoon needs.

For flashers and flies we use mostly Big weenie as they have also been a huge supporter of or small league.

All 3 companies have gone above and beyond wit wonderful prizes for our events so I try to spend my money with them as much as possible.

Hey joe,

There's a local spoon company out of Holland called Big Lake Lures. I fish almost exclusively BLL spoons on my boat with the exception of a few Silver streak mags and mini streaks. I know quite a few other guys that fish BLL as well like Killin' it and Bendin' Rods. We've found that they just hold up better to the abuse that those kings put them through, fish after fish after fish. If you've got any questions on specific colors feel free to shoot me a message I'd love to help you out. In the meantime, check out his website www.biglakelures.com

Tight lines!

Here's a nice 13lb laker we took on BLL green/yellow frozen toad a few weeks ago. This spoon has been HOT on a 5 color for the past month. Taking multiple fish every trip.

post-4688-14498787899798_thumb.jpg

Edited by JuicyBaron
picture edit

Joe, you were not the only one not catching many off Holland/Port Sheldon yesterday. We got a little bit of a late start but fished from 8 am to 4 pm. Ended up with 1 coho and 1 steelhead in the box. Also got another small 2 lb steelhead and 3 shaker Kings that were released.

Fished from 140 out to 240. The Coho was on a 300 copper with a UV mixed veggie Stinger in 185 FOW. Had a nice scum line in 240-260 and had fish boiling all over. Caught the 2 Steelhead on a3 color core out in this area on a red/black Thin Fin. Surface water temps varied from 64 down to 49. Water was 40* down 25' per the FishHawk at all water depths.

Marks in the top 70' were far and few between for us. Did mark a lot of fish down 120 to 160'. Water was 36 to 39* down there. My crew figured they were lake trout and they love lake trout so did send a couple of riggers down but no takers. The marks were big arches but not that strong of a return so I wasn't so sure it was even fish.

Not a bad shakedown trip though. The new FishHawk X4 probe didn't want to work for the first 5 or 6 hours -- not a clue why as it had brand new Duracells in it. Just started working when I changed lures for the 3rd or 4th time. Weird! Felt like I was fishing blind -- you don't know how much you rely on stuff until it doesn't work.Found that I left one 3 color, two half cores, and my PP diver rods sitting at home.

Pic of me wuth the Coho below.

post-451-14498787899936_thumb.jpg

Thanks a million Austin ! I will be placing an Order soon with BLL !

:thumb:

Hey joe,

There's a local spoon company out of Holland called Big Lake Lures. I fish almost exclusively BLL spoons on my boat with the exception of a few Silver streak mags and mini streaks. I know quite a few other guys that fish BLL as well like Killin' it and Bendin' Rods. We've found that they just hold up better to the abuse that those kings put them through, fish after fish after fish. If you've got any questions on specific colors feel free to shoot me a message I'd love to help you out. In the meantime, check out his website www.biglakelures.com

Tight lines!

Here's a nice 13lb laker we took on BLL green/yellow frozen toad a few weeks ago. This spoon has been HOT on a 5 color for the past month. Taking multiple fish every trip.

[ATTACH]450[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the update Joe. Gander Mountain over here has a decent selection of spoons but definitely isn't a one stop shop. Closest place to us that has a good selection is The Outdoorsman Pro Shop in Jenison, but as stated Fish On Bait & Tackle is great and the owner is a first class guy. I also get a few from Gold Coast Outfitters next to the PS launch usually during their spring sale in March. If you want to do some spoon shopping just let me know :thumb:

Gander is over priced.

Its worth the drive to the outdoorsman in jenison. Great selection and staff that fished the big lake.

Cabelas has very small selection aswell.

And another vote here for Big Lake Lures. Also stinger spoons are a favorite for me.

Hey joe,

There's a local spoon company out of Holland called Big Lake Lures. I fish almost exclusively BLL spoons on my boat with the exception of a few Silver streak mags and mini streaks. I know quite a few other guys that fish BLL as well like Killin' it and Bendin'

Tight lines!

[ATTACH]450[/ATTACH]

Just a observation BLL spoons while wearing a Dreamweaver shirt ? Dreamweaver makes some great spoons and spin doctors!

There is a Tackle store by the Port Sheldon Launch? Really? Wow I would have been happy to pass a few bucks there way. Must be South of the Launch I am guessing?

Thanks,

Thanks for the update Joe. Gander Mountain over here has a decent selection of spoons but definitely isn't a one stop shop. Closest place to us that has a good selection is The Outdoorsman Pro Shop in Jenison, but as stated Fish On Bait & Tackle is great and the owner is a first class guy. I also get a few from Gold Coast Outfitters next to the PS launch usually during their spring sale in March. If you want to do some spoon shopping just let me know :thumb: