planer rigger releases

ive never used planer riggers but seeing as how i mounted a duel electric mass i believe ill be using one. was wondering what everyone prefers using for releases and were best place to order them is, before i invest more money unwisely.was thinking the offshores but like i said i got no clue.

ill be fishing salmon in algoma or kewaunee. ill be pulling 27# leadcore with 50# powerpro backer with a piece of 30# mono for connecting the release; thanks to all of you for the info on the line setup.lures i have are spoons, flasher/fly combos and j plugs.its my first time with my own boat so trying to learn. ive been out a fair amount with others in the past 30 yrs, mostly charters, but have never seen anyone run planer mast.

ill be fishing salmon in algoma or kewaunee. ill be pulling 27# leadcore with 50# powerpro backer with a piece of 30# mono for connecting the release; thanks to all of you for the info on the line setup.lures i have are spoons, flasher/fly combos and j plugs.its my first time with my own boat so trying to learn. ive been out a fair amount with others in the past 30 yrs, mostly charters, but have never seen anyone run planer mast.

I like the offshore releases but i mainly use my mast system for walleye fishing. when i fish salmo i go to inline boards. If i were to use my mast system i have a bunch of the orange offshore heavy tension planer releases that i would use. i dont think the black have the holding strength for the heavy lines.

I used a mast the last two years on my old boat, and now that i'm using inline planers, I miss my big boards. I think i'm going to install two masts on my new boat, as I hate fighting the inline boards. I used the scotty mini releases, and they worked flawlessly. Here is a link for them at BPS.

http://www.basspro.com/Scotty-Mini-PowerGrip-Plus-Release-Clips/product/10211982/?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT

I have used everything that's out there at one time or the other. When its said and done I like the Offshore Release or shower curtain rings and rubber bands. Nice part about rubber bands is you will get no false releases.