Islamorada Florida

Wow...what a fantastic little holiday with my wife. Enjoying fantastic weather, delicious food, and fun activities for the few days we're down here on holiday. We decided to book a headboat/partyboat fishing trip for Friday. It was us and 12 other on the boat, which I'm thinking is light on the numbers for what the captain wants, but to our advantage with a low total number of people. Not sure exactly what we caught, but, we caught a bunch of fish in the 3 different spots that we anchored at.

We booked out of a spot called Robbie's. This little village was interesting to say the least. Fishing was decent for my wife and I. The real treat for us wasn't in the catch, but after fishing we were in need of lunch. Mate on the boat suggested a place to go to cook our catch, and he suggested his favorite way they prepare it. So we tried his suggestion, and it was fantastic!!!!!

There were a good number of Tarpon around the docks before launching

tarpon.jpg

Here is our catch

catch.jpg

Oh and this was the delicious "appetizer" of the fish we caught prepared at LazyDayz Restaurant......IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD!

cooked.jpg

They claim that this area is the fishing capital of the world, and from what I can see they claim that for good reason. Boats everywhere. :thumb: I believe we will be looking to book another trip to this area in the future.

I understand you enojoying it there. One of my favorite spots to get away. I have said for many years that I need a job that lets me be in Michigan from April to October and then Islamorada or Marathon for November to March. Haven't found it yet.

Jwheeler,

Cool report! I make it down there a couple times a year. Heading back in a few weeks for some Dolphin, grouper & swordfish. Love me some Lazy Dayz!

We will be returning to Islamorada another time, we really enjoyed our time there. Wahoos shrimp po boy was pretty darn good.mmhog Heaven was interesting and Lorelei's had a great sunset and cheap drinks. Took a snorkeling tour also, saw a lot of sea life, including a lot of barracuda on one of the reefs. :thumb:

• 3 years later...