Windy Shakedown Au Gres

Tom T. and I splashed Priority1 this morning to check the boat out. P1 ran flawlessly high and low speed. We stayed in tight to duck the wind and waves. We pulled a two man limit of eaters running our usual program of bouncers and meat. We only had to contend with 1-2 foot waves but the stiff breeze blew my light hardtop boat around making boat control a challenge but doable. We fished 17-27 fow with the lower end being better. Surface temp was 55 and the fish seemed to like the 1.5 mph speed. We set lines doing about 1-1.2 mph with no takers. I bumped the speed and fish on. We had one tripple and a double. We took fish on all the rods with the two down rods doing more than their share. Color wasn't really a factor. The NW wind is not my favorite but I wanted to get the shakedown behind me. TY Tom for joining me.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/8/7/dsc00653_a_thumb.jpg' alt='dsc00653_a_thumb.jpg'>

And so it begins! Good job Frank' date=' mighty tasty shakedown looks like to me.[/quote']

John, I'm looking forward to fishing with you again. I didn't do much today just kept the boat straight. :grin: I donated my fish to a vg cause.

Great job as always Frank! Hope to get up there this year atleast once or twice with you. On vac. the week of fathers day, but son is coming to town from Texas. Maybe I can drag him along:D

Ralph, My boat can handle cowboy boots, Stetson hats, and Texas drawls. :lol: My FIL was from Texas. I would like to meet and fish with your son. Apples never fall far from the tree so I know he's a good man.:thumb:

Glad to see your reports again Frank. Good luck this season. I'm a weekend warrior now so I probably won't see you at the ramp but keep the reports coming. We appricate them !!!

Ed, I have had a lot going on lately but I hope to turn the heat up soon on the Bay eyes. Ya never know I may fish a weekend or two if the week days are bad. It's always good to hear you on the pond. If you get a chance give me a call and stop in for a visit.:)