holland 5-21 morn & night - not breaking any records

Fishing was been kind of slow off Holland - disappointing based on some of the reports I had read leading into the steelheaders tourney...

5-21 MORNING

setup in 50 FOW - hits came in 62 FOW

2 for 3

mono dipsey 90 back dialed on 3 - green jeans moonshine spoon

rigger 38 down - happy meal moonshine spoon (this went twice)

trolled all over but aside from these hits as the sun rose nothing else went on core or high-lines or you name it

5-22 EVENING

(fog advisory was "lifted" at 6pm so headed out - worthless weather reporting that was - fog was awful and made coming in at dusk probably some of the toughest navigation I have had to do yet - locating and getting in the channel as sunset was one thing but navigating Lake Mac back all the way from the west side to the east side with 30 foot visibility was another!)

(also very SAD that a teenager drowned out there last night - lots of activity there was with rescue teams and CG Chopper)

Anyways found fishing to be similar to that morning

Trolled back and forth from 45-70 FOW - ran 10 rods (4 boards, 4 dispeys, 2 riggers)

2 for 4

riggers down 32 and 38 took the fish - happy meal moonshine spoon and flounder pounder moonshine spoon did the trick

again 62 FOW was the only spot we took bites - SE troll and NW troll was only angle we took could get bites with - when trolling NW had to troll 3.1MPH to get them to go and took a 14 pound king doing this

NOT TOO MANY OTHER BOATS OUT THERE YESTERDAY - WHO ELSE HAS BEEN OFF HOLLAND IN THE LAST FEW DAYS AND WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? ARE THE KINGS MORE STACKED UP 8-20 MILES SOUTH OF HOLLAND (someone said that was true)

I had similar results in a bit deeper water. 1 for 1 on white Spindoctor green fly in 75-120 fow on dipsy 75 back. I think the front going through yesterday morning put them off their feed. We had fair marks in 85 fow but just couldn't get anything to go

On 5/22 just north of Saugatuck I had a nice one on in 65fow with 150 copper and a clown spoon, but he managed to shake off. That was all I could get to go. I did have pretty rookie crew with it being my wife, who hates to fish, my 4yr old, and my 4 month old. So needless to say, I only had a couple lines out.