Channel 68 is the common channel used thruout the US on the water, but, every port may have particular channels that are popular. Since the inception and widespread use of cell phones, most chatter on VHF radio has ceased to exist. Ask the local tackle store of the port you fish, as well as fisherman in that area, for a precise recommendation. It will vary, but like I said, most prefer the privacy of cells these days, which I don't endorse as much as VHF exchanges where a load of fisherman could relay the best and worst spots.

Channel 68 is the common channel used thruout the US on the water, but, every port may have particular channels that are popular. Since the inception and widespread use of cell phones, most chatter on VHF radio has ceased to exist. Ask the local tackle store of the port you fish, as well as fisherman in that area, for a precise recommendation. It will vary, but like I said, most prefer the privacy of cells these days, which I don't endorse as much as VHF exchanges where a load of fisherman could relay the best and worst spots.

I have to agree with rascal on this. there is just to many fish out there for so many guys to be so tight lipped. I have found the channels most used on erie are ch 68 and 79. good luck and good fishing.