Got out here once the waves and wind died down around 6:30 and trolled right outside of the pier heads around the bubbler in 15-20 FOW. Trolled for about 15 minutes when the 3 color with a uv mixed veggies went screaming out and he came unbuttoned at the back of the boat. Set it right back out and a couple minutes later it went off and we pulled in a small lake trout. After that we were about 2 miles from the pier and I saw the wire diver out 25 with a thunderstruck moving a little and I yanked it up and a 10 pound walleye came up and I was surprised to say the least. My personal best and my first eye out in Lake Michigan. Then as we were pulling lines at 8 the 2 Color went off and we pulled up a coho to end the night. The boat ran great for the first time out. Got a little chilly at the end of the night. I'll try and post pics if I can figure it out.

Nice size walleye, what a prize! Are there allot of walleye in the area? We have been nailing them in the Detroit River, St Clair River and lake, but I have never caught one on the was side. I know FBD has been very successful on his trips.

LB

Yeah I wouldn't say by any means that there are a lot of walleye out there. I've fished in Port Sheldon and this is the first walleye I've ever caught or seen caught. Unless there's a big secret that I don't know of Then I think it's safe to say that it is very unlikely that there are a lot of them in the lake. By the piers in holland though during combat fishing is another story. I've heard of a couple people catching them there and a few inside the river.

Yeah I wouldn't say by any means that there are a lot of walleye out there. I've fished in Port Sheldon and this is the first walleye I've ever caught or seen caught. Unless there's a big secret that I don't know of Then I think it's safe to say that it is very unlikely that there are a lot of them in the lake. By the piers in holland though during combat fishing is another story. I've heard of a couple people catching them there and a few inside the river.

I've seen allot of guys jigging by the channel and other areas in Holland and FBD has caught some nice size walleyes and was wondering what kind of quantities and size were showing up along the different harbors? It is quite different on the east side where the walleyes run from Erie to Port Huron throughout the year. I enjoy both the salmon and walleye fishing. So it's always a pleasure to hear when someone catches a nice size walleye on the west side in the harbor, or outside.

Thanks for the infor.

LB

I've caught a grand total of 2 legal eyes. First one 17" in Muskegon Lake when we got blown off the big lake so we trolled using salmon gear along the weedlines. Next one - fishing Whitehall channel with the hundred other guys throwing countdowns. 31" - 10.25 lbs!! I was looking for eaters not a mounter. Needless to day it is on my wall by my king and steel mounts. I asked the guys out there if I should mount it - most said that they had been chasing eyes for over 10 yrs and nothing even close to 10 lbs so YES!!