After seeing some good wave forecasts all week for today I was excited for my first trip on the big pond in almost a month. Of course yesterday the wind forecasts jumped up to 10-20 out of the north. Showed up at Bender Park at around 6:30 and after surveying the winds crashing onto the beach decided to wait it out on shore. Ended up launching off of a beach just south of the shelter of wind point with two other fellow kayakers at about 10:00. No big bait balls to be found but I managed to go 2-3 in two hours, both coho which I invited home for dinner. Both fish caught on a silver dodger/blue green peanut fly and a drive by on a wonderbread flicker shad. It wasn't quite the day I had hoped for but it was nice to get some time on the water.

For a side report - my buddy went out midday yesterday on a beach right along the state line and went 22 for ~30 in less than three hours from his kayak. Tons of bait and lots of coho along with a few big steelhead mixed in. He was fishing 8-16 fow. I would imagine that the harbors north of that area will be on fire soon if they aren't already.

DSCF0276_zps38c85043.jpg

DSCF0274_zps077d2ce6.jpg