Retired

We're about to find out how it feels to fish when we want. Hard to comprehend but thinking we'll adjust. :grin: Wife and I plan to be in Au Gres soon. I look forward to meeting many new fishing friends.

Good Luck on doing what you want! We (the wife & I) have been retired 4 1/2 years and things seem to be more time consuming then before we retired. I barely have time to cut the grass. Don't get me wrong we are enjoying every minute of it. Congradulations and ENJOY LIFE!! Rudey

You love fishing during the week and avoiding the crowds and momentum that tends to build on the holidays and weekend that make some people a little crazy. There is an adjustment period that takes place depending on your nature and how hard you have been working. Remember you will be going from full steam to more of a trolling motor pace. Congrats and welcome to the club.

LB

congrats on your retirement. and good luck on you plans to go fishing a lot. I fished a lot the 1st few yrs then all my fishing buddies have died or moved away so I don't fish so much anymore. my oldest son likes fishing lake erie, so we take 2 weeks in july and go to erie. but he don't care much for fishing our local lakes. and my youngest son just don't seem to care that much about fishing any more. my wife use to go fishing with me a lot but now she just doesn't care for fishing. and she would never go out on erie with me. I still enjoy our retirement but I just don't fish like I did when I had plenty of friends to fish with.

sherman

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments. Wife and I arrived Au Gres last PM. Although it was fishable, not a rig in launch. Ali's for dinner was the decision. Cold & wet for sure this am. Right after daylight picked a couple dz crawlers off park blacktop, had to make the best of what ma nature was offering!

We're about to find out how it feels to fish when we want. Hard to comprehend but thinking we'll adjust. :grin: Wife and I plan to be in Au Gres soon. I look forward to meeting many new fishing friends.

Chummer, you won't believe how nice it is not to need to fish on the weekends, between grass mowing, chores and such. I have been very fortunate in that I have found a couple fishing buddy friends, who are also good friends, who help with gas and also have their own boats and we share equipment. Stay healthy and enjoy every day.

Paul C.

PS....Walleye and morels for lunch on Monday, Crappie for lunch on Wednesday. Life is good!