First time fishing in the WMFL. Thanks to Blood Run Tackle for sponsoring the event. Also thanks to Jon Marvin for organizing.

Thanks to my friend Jim for driving across the state this morning to give me a hand, and thanks to Jeremy for responding to my rider request on Friday.

After a couple laps in the channel we ended up heading out around 7:00 am and saw most of the boats heading south so I turned and headed north. Fished 5-20 fow. Turned around after an hour and trolled south until getting 6 fish in the box and then pulled lines and headed in - it was a little to0 rough for us out there.

Ended up 6 for 9 or so all browns, including two of the biggest browns I've ever caught (big one coming in at 11.7 lbs). NW troll took most of the hits.

Now for what worked:

Brads thin fish, Storm Thin Fins, and a Lemonberry Mini-Streak.

5-3-14.png

And the fish:

img_0249.jpg

img_0252.jpg

Never thought we would take first this week in the WMFL, and probably never would have without all the reports and advice I've learned on this site.

-JDH

Nice job crew, and VERY nice report. I miss fishing the WMFL as we have in years past...always learned a ton and made great friendships. I had to go and have a son on May 11 (birthday party was the 3rd) and a daugher on June 6th...HA. Best thing that ever happened to me, but fishing schedule has greatly reduced.