Fished the WMFL for the first time with Gnarf and his friend Nick, thanks to both for their help and Blood Run Tackle for sponsoring.

Finished 2 for 4 with an 11.8 lb king and a laker of questionable size that was returned to the lake. Set lines in rough seas at 6:45 and had first hit at 7:10 and first loss at 7:10 and 15 sec. on a flat line with a 20 year old rainbow trout looking Rapala. Price on the box it came from was $4.94. I'm not usually out this early in the season and had no stick baits on board so busted out some old pike lures from way back.

Next hit came on a rigger 15 down in 20 fow on a Lemonberry spoon which was the king.

Finally turned around at Saugatuck pierheads and lost one on a 2 in orange/gold Rapala on a flat line.

Turned back around at south end of sliders and took the laker on the rainbow Rapala. I think the hooks on the Rapala's may have been a bit small for the bigger fish.

Sun came out and the waves settled down just when it was time to pull lines. Had a great time with some new people and hope to do it again in the future.

Nice job. Woke up at four, checked the weather, and with my girls as crew in a 14' I went back to bed and woke up at 10.

Looks like my nine year stretch of being the only one to weigh Brown's in the w m f l came to an end this week...

Nice job. Woke up at four, checked the weather, and with my girls as crew in a 14' I went back to bed and woke up at 10.

Looks like my nine year stretch of being the only one to weigh Brown's in the w m f l came to an end this week...

Of course the lake was flat calm though on Monday morning :rolleyes:

FYI, Looks like the wave buoy is operational once again

Kevin,

46 out of the 52 fish at the weight in were browns.