Took the new boat out for the first official shakedown trip with my friend Adam, and we did pretty good considering the conditions. Got a late start and made it to the piers around 9AM, but we trolled our way out there hoping for some fish in the river. Hooked up to a 5lb Brown as we hit the pierheads. This was caught on a small Carmel Dolphin spoon on roughly 3 colors of lead. Turned around and came back in for another pass, and landed a real nice 4lb Smallmouth just as we entered the pierheads. This was caught on a small gold spoon with wonderbread dots on 2 colors of lead.

Trolled back out onto the lake, and the wind really started howling. We tried to do a shallow troll north of the piers, but the wind kept pushing us out. It really started getting frisky out there after 11AM, so we decided to come back in. It was a good day to test out the boat, and I'm glad we didn't get skunked on the maiden voyage.

post-3993-14498787862064_thumb.jpg

post-3993-1449878786218_thumb.jpg

Nice Job!!! Do you have pictures of the spoons?

I had to pull some images from the web. The first is the dotted copper. I forget what brand it is and what it is called. The second one is a small Stinger Carmel Dolphin.

post-3993-1449878786239_thumb.jpg

post-3993-14498787862443_thumb.jpg