Port Sheldon 4/25 and 4/27

Snuck out after work on Friday night and fished from 6-9pm. Worked 8-15 FOW north of the pier heads, north and south trolls with north being the best. Struggled to get all 6 lines in the water for the first hour and finished 6 for 10 with 4 browns, a small steelhead, and a shaker king to the net. Lost probably a 20lb king at the back of the boat to a broken swivel at sunset. HotnTots, Thundersticks, and Stingers in UV Yellow Tuxedo and UV Green Dolphin took the fish.

My friend Alex with a nice brown

WP_20140425_0012.jpg

The bag

WP_20140425_0042.jpg

Hit Port Sheldon again this morning hoping for a repeat but it was a tough morning for us and most we talked to with the water cooling a bit from the strong northwest blow yesterday. Still managed to go 3 for 6 with a brown, shaker king, and shaker steelhead. Black and gold rapala and hotntots took the fish.

Is that a fly rod I see in the first pic? Were you casting with it or trolling or did you just bring it along for luck? :)

Kabet, I'm a fly fisherman at heart and the rivers is where I've done most of my fishing however that is not a fly reel. I run mooching reels on everything but my dipsey rods and I pair them with 9ft spinning rods that you would typically use in the river for my rigger rods and 6'6" spinning rods for my boards. We like to keep catching fish as fun as possible so I run light tackle and the mooching reels with lighter rods are a blast when you get a screamer king on, especially in a 16ft boat :thumb:

We caught this 28lb king last August

576542_10151580108446087_1037346929_n.jpg

On this setup...

photo.jpg

Now that was a bit of chaos :lol: