Well first off, I'd like to thank Terry (DirtyDog), Dave (KillinIt) and TJ (Bending limits and Twill23) for all their help. We decided to fish Brown Blast for little pick me up before exam week. We both had an exam on Friday so we were not able to prefish. After a few calls, I was able to put a game plan together. We headed north of St. Joe for about 7 miles and set up half way to the Palisades of South Haven. We fished the beach (2-10 fow) up picking up a 8lb steelie on a mono flat line with an orange and silver j-11. A 4lb brown came on that rig a while later. A mile south of the Palisades we picked up 2 coho on a black squiggle thin fin and a orange j-9. Went to go fill out our 5 fish with a few lakers in 50 fow, only to find 1 7lb lake trout and choppy water. Went back into the beach and fished south, picking up our two final browns on that same orange and silver J-11 and a 30 copper with a orange chilly willy SS. We ended in 3rd place in the Brown Blast, only 2 points of out first! Trolling the beach was gorgeous, glass calm and had to be close to 60 degrees! Can't wait for exams to be done and to start fishin out of Holland! ReelTalk

post-5052-14498787859801_thumb.jpg

post-5052-14498787860023_thumb.jpg

Great Job guys! Way to stick with the plan. Mine blew up on me and I ended up chasing bites that were already over. Ran the beach about 2 miles north for 1.5 hours with only a ho to show for it. Went out to the deeper water to find some lakers and work our way south and ended up fighting the wind and waves. Hooked a screamer king on a 2 color thin fin out in 43 after an hour. Ended up getting him back to the start of the core and he got tied up in a copper and got free. Drove in to the dirty water to finish the day with 3 more ho's. Started off in the wrong place and couldn't recover fast enough.

First place and fifth place came from running the dirty water all day.