Anyone here like muscle cars?

Thanks for sharing the muscle cars guys, love em too. Anyone look at them on ebay lately? There's a new sickness going on there by dealers that have eyes watching all the private sellers auctions 24/7. If the car is nice and listed below say $20K, they immediately buy it, then try to flip it right away for double or triple their investment. It's legal, but I say it's BS. The public that wants to bid it to a fair and affordable price gets cut out before the auction is 1-2 days old. Had this happen on 2 Novas, 2 GTO's, and a Bullitt Mustang since the new year. I set a budget of $15-20K, and see them relisted for $35-75K all the time nowadays. These cars only cost about $3K new. What a sham for someone that just would like to relive his youth and just drive the car for fun.

gmfishon,

Keep in mind I posted this under the (Miscellaneous Photos- Lets see your miscellaneous photos) sub category. I would get your beef had I posted it under a fishing specific category. Its just some basic fellowship and BSing amongst site-members in a non-fishing specific part of the site. My apologies if it rubbed ya the wrong way.

No harm boys ,I too am itchin fo fishin , he'll they just splashed my boat and I have to build a chicken coupe , the wife wants too raise chickens for eggs , prolly cause I don't know how to catch enough fish !!!!!!!

Boltman, I am a true Chevy guy, and I do like the Chevelles, Novas, & Camaros, I had 3 Camaros earlier. But that Shelby, wow, what Ford has done to compete, is surely amazing. That's a ride to heaven imho. And you say it's going up for sale? Awww, you're gonna miss her, unless of course the tickets are piling up too fast, lol.

No tickets at all it's just that in Michigan , you really can't drive them with pot holes and weather . Hp is certainly an issue so much that a mistake can cost you your life, and I'm not into losing limbs or my life so that said I'm on the lookout for a 2012 BMW 750 LI , 2 years old and 60% depriatated that's my kind of purchase . Oh did I mention the GT 500 ride worse than a truck !!!! But truly a very fast car

No tickets at all it's just that in Michigan , you really can't drive them with pot holes and weather . Hp is certainly an issue so much that a mistake can cost you your life, and I'm not into losing limbs or my life so that said I'm on the lookout for a 2012 BMW 750 LI , 2 years old and 60% depriatated that's my kind of purchase . Oh did I mention the GT 500 ride worse than a truck !!!! But truly a very fast car

Robert, A few words could sum it up, "I'm getting old." :lol: Of course with that come wisdom.

• 9 months later...

I have to say I like your posts. I owned an old 62 ford galaxy with a 406 3 deuces with 405 hp from the factory back in the late 60's and it had been worked on just a little bit. it was a heavy car but it still ran pretty good.

it had been bored out 30 thousand with johns pop up pistons and had a nascar 427 cam and I cant remember what lifters and valve springs but they were made for racing, then it had an aluminum high rise with 3 deuces. it ran pretty good for a family car. your post is pretty special to me it brings back some real good memories.

I don't have the money now to have a hot rod. but if I did it would be a mustang Shelby super snake with 750 hp or the new dodge challenger hell cat with 707 hp from the factory. it would be pretty nice to just own a new mustang gt with the new 5.0 450 hp from the factory. and then maybe slip one of those super chargers that just bolts on top of the engine. pure stock with street tires its running the lower 12's. so keep on posting about the muscle cars both the old ones and new ones. just my opinion.

sherman

I like cars too:) Last fall I bought a 1972 Chevelle convertible from my friends dad. It had been sitting in his barn for 15 years and doesn't have an interior but it ran and drove. (didn't stop, but we're working on that) Parker was helping me out and he's very excited to go for a ride this summer. So far we have lowered the front end 2 inches (these cars have always sat to high in the front for my liking), upgraded the front suspension so it handles a little better, replaced the brake system (you don't want to mix DOT 3 and DOT 5 brake fluid and then let it sit) and got the power top working again. It still needs new fabric on the top, a complete interior and I need to pull the motor and transmission to replace the seals and I'm going to get the transmission rebuilt. Nothing wrong with having multiple hobbies!

Just picked up a steal on a low mileage 2003 Ford focus s v t. Looks like a stupid little econo box but you can downshift into third a highway speeds and it's got three gears after that. However it's not the straight line but the handling is sublime for a front drive and you don't brake check anything shy of a 911 unless you want it parked in the hatch.

The suspension gets old on Michigan roads and she likes her premium. Gas flap on the wrong side. Sucks in snow but that's something a set of blizzaks should fix.

Looking forward to getting SVeeT on the track and seeing what she can do.

My buddy/co-worker Mart Jeltema's mustang. This was a NHRA class record holder back in the day. He and his son Kyle still race it a few times each season. Mart has another stang that Ill post in a couple days or so. I don't want you Ford guys to get to spoiled.:no:

post-4520-14498788068273_thumb.jpg

I knew that was about a 70 model. I bought a new 2 door Impala in 1970 that same gold color. I'm glad you posted this. Pics of old cars and listening to old tunes can take you back in time. I was a young man in 1970.:)

yep I was 19 back in 1970. hadn't got my hot ford yet, but I had a nice 65 Buick grand sports it was black with chrome wheels and black interior. it came out with a 401 4 speed tranny. but the guy I bought it from had blew the engine and tranny. so he started putting the motor and automatic transmission out of a 69 Buick Riviera. I don't know what size motor but it ran pretty darn good. I put a hurst automatic shifter in it. if you just looked inside it looked like a 4 speed. I also had to figure a way to fasten the motor down because the stock motor mounts didn't work. so we got a 351 ford mount in it but they kept breaking. so we took a chain and fastened it down.

oh no, my wife just reminded me that I had owned the 62 ford first then the crank broke in the 406 I had in it. I was racing a 67 ford fairlane with a hopped up 390 in it. I thought the engine had blown. so I took the 406 out and put a 352 in it and sold it when I bought the buick.