Rod Trees

As I have finally bitten the bullet and dove into Copper this year, I also am in the market now for some Triple Trees. What do you folks have? Where did you buy them from, and how do you like them?

Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Tim

I don't recall the brand that I bought, but, I love them. I have a mounting base which makes the trees removable, which I like. The trees are a great addition for planer board fishing.

Since I bought mine, several of the companies producing them have really tweaked things with their set ups. Something I have seen, which seems very functional, is each rod holder on the trees are adjustable, I bet that is the cat's meow.

Great lakes holders. We purchased a set for my dads boat and we both love them. They have three holders on each tree plus one holder that goes straight up at the top. very strong construction. ONly thing is is the angle of the holders are fixed, not ajustable. when not in use the base swivels around to point all the rods forward or straight back. I believe the website is greatlakesholders.com the diver holders are rock solid as well and easy to use. Forgot to mention they have the lowest prices too

I went with the Big Jon trees. Can be adjusted in 4 ways: 1) pivot angle of each holder, 2) up/down location on the post, 3) left/right angle of each holder, and 4) the whole tree rotates on 90* sets. The ability of each holder to be set to its own left/right angle when clamped to the post is unique to Big Jon. I have them set with each higher rod holder angled a little further forward to separate the rods a little more. The Traxstech trees are also very nice and have 3 adjustments (no left/right individual).

I have been using mine for a quite a few years. I built them my self out of Stainless Steel. There is nothing better for running boards. The rods are forward and out of the way when fighting a fish.

Here is a pic of my quad trees. I have since added another rod holder higher up off the Hardtop, both sides, to make it easier to run 10 or more boards.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/8/7/DSCN1368_thumb.jpg' alt='DSCN1368_thumb.jpg'>

I too run the Bug John triple trees along with all my riggers,there are lots of quality makers out there but the folks up at Big John have always been top notch. And you can't go wrong when you order products from Fishing And Hunting USA, great prices and fast shipping.

I have yet to make a purchase, however i am leaning towards the MADS Outdoor Products Rod Trees (The dock company). For the price, they wont hurt the wallet at all, which allows me to use it elsewhere.

I have yet to make a purchase, however i am leaning towards the MADS Outdoor Products Rod Trees (The dock company). For the price, they wont hurt the wallet at all, which allows me to use it elsewhere.

good call i think you will be happy and yes the money saved could go to one of the many other things that this sport has a way of telling us we cant live without:no:

I have the GLP triple rod trees. I left the net in the vertical hole leaving the launch and it held up to 60+ mph but not to a tree branch. GLP replaced the broken part at no charge and in time so I had my tree for the upcoming fishing trip. Outstanding company to do business with and great products.