Bender Park 4/5 & 4/6

Late report. Snuck out Saturday from around 1:00-4:00 and pulled my first coho of the year less than 100 yards from the launch. The forecasted west winds were actually southeast so I took a pounding out there. Tried jigging gulp at the power plant discharge but the water was a mess. Right before pulling my anchor I decided to take a few casts across the discharge current and on my 3rd cast I got drilled right as the lure entered the current. Thought it was a nice brown until I finally pried it off the bottom and into the net and realized it was a 29" lake trout, my first from the yak. On the way back to the launch I had a double on another coho and a small brown. Both cohos were caught on a wonderbread flicker shad, the brown came on a small white reef runner, and the laker came on a large green flicker shad. Sunday was much slower and I ended up only going 1 for 2 with a 9# brown. The wind and waves were brutal and I had a hard time maintaining anything over 1 mph going into the wind.

DSCF0185_zps0a54fcff.jpg

DSCF0190_zps0cc70b5c.jpg

DSCF0195_zps6f590b77.jpg

DSCF0183_zps852d3e88.jpg

Thanks guys. It's been a great winter/spring but it has slowed down for me lately.

Zach - I have a Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120. The cohos and brown were caught trolling and the laker casting.