Evening fishing LK Ontario what is the deal

I fish LK MI and LK Ontario. Is it just me or is there virtually no dusk or late bite on LK O? I have rarely caught fish first thing in the am or near dusk in this lake. Granted I fish in May so that might have something to do with it. I also noticed that virtually nobody fishes very late or gets out crazy early. We seem to have our best luck from about 8 am on. We typically shut it down about 1 PM and go back out about 4PM. Am i wasting my time fishing the evening or is my LK O evening program that bad ? ? ? ?

Spring time all my fishing is during sun up hours. I can catch fish all day it seems. Not much going during low light.

During summer its the opposite, low light conditions are prime.

I'd guess you're fishing under the fish on Lake Ontario early in the morning. Just because you're over deep water doesn't mean they're way down in the column. I've caught many fish early only 10 ft down over 100-150 FOW on Big-O. Ontario (southern shore) has a lot of up-welling's & crazy currents.

In Lake Michigan once the season gets goin all of our fish are usually the from dark to the first 30 minutes of light. After that it's just one every now and then. It does make a difference leaving at 5 and fishing because all the fish bite early. You can tell who didn't get out early because there box comes back empty.

I'll have to try loading the top 40' of the water column in the morning. I usually start out with a pair of dipseys and a pair of riggers first thing and then start breaking out the short cores. I'm planning on running 4 dipseys this year so I'll run a pair really high to start out. I'm not sure that is the problem but I'll try anything once.

I fish Lake O out of Olcott all season and my first rod in the water in the morning is always a wire diver, just slowly creeping out against the drag fishing it's way out to it's intended destination as I get the probe rigger deployed.

Many times, that diver gets smoked before I can even get the cannonball and probe hooked to the rigger, can't have more than 60-70 feet of wire out when they hit it. It is almost always a big mature king. They are definitely up high and feeding in the morning, regardless of water temps.

Tim