Line Selection for someone new to the game.

Hello, I just purchased 2 new downriggers, rods and reels and was wondering what is a good selection to spool the reels with keeping in mind I would be primarily fishing salmon and trout in Lake Ontario. I have fished all my life but having kids a few years back I'm now out of touch with current line technology and cutting edge products. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Hello, I just purchased 2 new downriggers, rods and reels and was wondering what is a good selection to spool the reels with keeping in mind I would be primarily fishing salmon and trout in Lake Ontario. I have fished all my life but having kids a few years back I'm now out of touch with current line technology and cutting edge products. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Lee you might want to consider checking out our Sea Flee premium monofilament if you are going to be fishing Lake Ontario. Lake O is known for pretty bad flea's come summertime, and our Sea Flee line has proven itself as a great all season line, that won't collect fleas! Our standard is 30lb clear, we are field testing a 20lb, and working on a 30lb green as well.

Our purple tournament mono is also a top choice for an all season line.

There are a number of dealers in NY, send us an email and we can get you in touch with one of them to spool your reels up.

Team Blood Run