Outboard Mechanic Needed - Grand Rapids Area

At the end of the season my outboard starting to idle pretty rough. I'm looking at having a full tune up done on my Mercury 2-Stroke outboard before I hit the water this year. I did it once through a dealership, but want to try someone that does it on the side.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an outboard mechanic near Grand Rapids? I'm technically in northern Allegan county so Holland, Grand Rapids, Allegan, anywhere in there would be fine.

• 1 month later...
Offshore upgrades in hudsonville has done some good work for me. Price is right too

Thanks for the input. I ended up taking it to Advantage Marine in Zeeland. Quote was fair, but haven't received the bill or gotten the boat back yet. First impression was great, very friendly and got me in within a week. Not impressed that the appointment date I was given was April 21 and called on April 24 to check in and was told they wouldn't be looking at it until April 30. I'll reserve overall feedback at this point because I will take slow but proper work over fast and sloppy :thumb: -- just don't like the bait and switch :no:

I'm glad you got it into the shop for service. Cut the marina a little slack when you rate them for time. This is their busiest time of the year. Time was on your side last Fall when the engine started acting up. Time is against you now. I guess we all procrastinate on some things. Good Luck and tight lines always.

Just to follow-up on this, Advantage Marine provided good service and priced as quoted. My initial note about them stated I wasn't pleased but would be happy with good slow service over fast and sloppy. My only complaint was telling me I would get service much sooner than I actually did. Had some computer issues so shouldn't be an ongoing issue. I would recommend and will be back again.