Torpedo 19 strand wire?

maybe someone can give you more info i only have ideas as i have never used it. i think overall its an ok product. that said i dont know why torpedo makes stuff like this when the divers they make pretty much rule out all this stuff they must just want to stay ahead of whatever.

The first year the 19 strand was out some of the spools had issues with strands breaking. I had this issue and went back to 7 strand. I talked to the of Torpedo Diver people at the GR show this past weekend. They said the problem has been fixed. According to them the wire is now wound tighter and uses a different weave structure. The "old" stuff's fraying was caused by putting finger pressure on the wire in front of the reel. I needed to refill a reel for this season so I went ahead and bought the new 19 strand. The 19 strand is definitely less stiff and easier to tie knots in.

I 've been using the 19 strand an love it except for the price. I got some of the first run and had issues but they replaced it with the new line and haven't had an issue since. It is way easier to deal with and if you do get a kink you don't loose you gear.

Anyone know how to tell the difference between the problem wire and the updated good stuff

the problem stuff came on a spool about three inches high and 2 inch diameter. the new stuff comes on a standard size spool like 330 yds of Berkley trilene xl or xt

the problem stuff came on a spool about three inches high and 2 inch diameter. the new stuff comes on a standard size spool like 330 yds of Berkley trilene xl or xt

Thanks! Looks like I lucked out as mine is on a normal spool. Thanks for the info

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...