Looking for some input.

As some of you may know, there is a tribal treaty revision coming up in 2020, this is to decide were netting can take place on the great lake. You can read more here "http://www.hollandsteelheaders.org/" at the Holland Steelheaders web site,.

The input we are looking for is how many would be interested in having a inexpensive charity type tournament. This would be to help fund negotiations to slow down the progression on the netting on the great lakes. Like the nets in the Ludington area. It would be run similar to a league type event with most of the entries going to fund the cause.

Prizes would be in the form of trophies or possible cash for big fish.

This would be held from Holland.

Thinking the entry fee would be $20 to $30.

With that said, how many are interested.:thumb:

Depends on when it is, Planning to be on erie for at least may and june. But I would donate to a cause trying to limit the netters if I wasn't able to fish the tourney. Fishing in Ludington is a PITA because of the nets and the Indians not marking them or moving them and not updating the numbers on them.

The tribal member with the netting operation in Ludington is in prison so he won't be operating this year. He didn't pull his nets before going away and the tribe was supposed to pull them but they are not communicating on what's going on. Just flat out wrong. I can't make the tourney but would donate to the cause.

I believe im open that weekend..can either tow my rig down or fish on the dog if you need someone.and if anyone that solely fishes Holland wanna know how bad nets can be come on up and fish a mile south or north of Muskegon for a while:eek:

Abandoned nets, poorly marked nets, nets not getting pulled before season ends, boats sinking at the dock and leaking fuel. Pretty much the tribes have abused their privilege and made fools of themselves, culminating with their fisherman in jail. Pretty hard to defend how tis is their heritage.

If I can't fish it, I will help in other ways.

Are the steelheader's sponsoring this?

Abandoned nets, poorly marked nets, nets not getting pulled before season ends, boats sinking at the dock and leaking fuel. Pretty much the tribes have abused their privilege and made fools of themselves, culminating with their fisherman in jail. Pretty hard to defend how this is their heritage.

Wasn't going to comment because I couldn't come up with a clean enough way to say it. Well put.

Terry, some form of interesting format would be fun.

Weigh 1 of each spieces

10 points per fish plus weight

King

Laker

Steel

Brown

Considering the date, Laker season may be in full effect and it would cause people to go searching a bit

Abandoned nets, poorly marked nets, nets not getting pulled before season ends, boats sinking at the dock and leaking fuel. Pretty much the tribes have abused their privilege and made fools of themselves, culminating with their fisherman in jail. Pretty hard to defend how tis is their heritage.

If I can't fish it, I will help in other ways.

Are the steelheader's sponsoring this?

Sorry Kevin, I did not see your question at the bottom of your post, yes , the steelheaders will be running this if we can get enough interest.

the Michigan Steel headers are a big part of the 3rd party involved in the negotiations theres the feds the Tribes then a third party,we as achapter are trying to raise funds to help in legal fees, one of the other chapters has agreed to a 100 % match up to $3000 so what we raise could be doubled ! Thanks and keep up the input :)