New toy ev 200 sport pilot

Well I've been saying for three years I wanted an autopilot and pulled the trigger and ordered the new ray marine ev 200 sport pilot Got it for 1750 with three day shipping (it was only 2 bucks more than regular shipping)from Hodges marine. Thanks for the recommendation Joel Reiser.

If you need a hand putting it in call me I would like to see how much it changed from mine. The only thing I don't like about mine is the motor noise which on rough days is almost non stop.

I'll let ya know. at this rate it may be in may before the snow and ice is gone. they completely changed the wiring to the new ray marine sea talk 2 that converts to nmea 2000 without a convertor. it is all bayonet lock connectors now. you have to get a spur cable to connect it to your gps that hooks directly to the ray marine backbone from the nema 2000 connector on the back of the gps. They also did away with the flux gate compass and went to a new sensor that can be mounted anywhere even upside down, as long as the arrow point forward. Jim do you have a steering wheel puller?

Well I've been saying for three years I wanted an autopilot and pulled the trigger and ordered the new ray marine ev 200 sport pilot Got it for 1750 with three day shipping (it was only 2 bucks more than regular shipping)from Hodges marine. Thanks for the recommendation Joel Reiser.

Congrats on the AP purchase. I bit the bullet too and bought one except I went with the Garmin GHP-10. Just finished the install last weekend. I took more time installing it than it should have because I replaced all the hydraulic lines to keep them short without having to create loops. Im ready for the sea trial if we ever ice out. Id be interested in how the installation goes on your rig. :thumb:

I'll let ya know. at this rate it may be in may before the snow and ice is gone. they completely changed the wiring to the new ray marine sea talk 2 that converts to nmea 2000 without a convertor. it is all bayonet lock connectors now. you have to get a spur cable to connect it to your gps that hooks directly to the ray marine backbone from the nema 2000 connector on the back of the gps. They also did away with the flux gate compass and went to a new sensor that can be mounted anywhere even upside down, as long as the arrow point forward. Jim do you have a steering wheel puller?

I have a puller at the shop Aaron, let me know when your ready and I get it out to you. that was the hardest part when I installed mine last fall.

Jim - I think the gear box is the same on the new units.

I have a puller at the shop Aaron, let me know when your ready and I get it out to you. that was the hardest part when I installed mine last fall.

Jim - I think the gear box is the same on the new units.

Thanks Jon. It is supposed to start hitting the 30s by Thursday hopefully warmer weather is in the near future

I wonder if the new one will interface with my Lowrance plotter without the convertor. I was bummed to find out one of the reasons I bought it would not work with my current setup. Esp after NEMA was touted as the universal answer so all marine gear could talk under the same language. The when you actually try and do it you need to spend way more money.

I wonder if the new one will interface with my Lowrance plotter without the convertor. I was bummed to find out one of the reasons I bought it would not work with my current setup. Esp after NEMA was touted as the universal answer so all marine gear could talk under the same language. The when you actually try and do it you need to spend way more money.

What gps do you have? from the new seatalk to the nema 2000 all you need is a 25 dollar cable that has the nema 2000 male or female end depending on unit and the white seatalk 2 end on the other end. for the hds unit it is the female one

What problems are you having? I'm hoping that my bird unit talks to the older spx series without the $200 converter, because at that point I would have ordered the new series autopilot.

I will be installing mine this spring as well, finishing up the interior upgrade right now (recovered cuddy cushions and rub rail) overall looks like an easy install, just deciding where to place the controller (p70r)

anyone interface a raymarine unit with a humminbird 900 series via nmea0187? the autopliot does have nmea0187 inputs but I hear that doesn't always mean that they work.

Auto pilot has arrived now to read all the info that came with it and figure out the seatalk stuff. John as soon as it gets warm enough out I am going to get the boat here to install it. Jim I'll let you know when we are going to do it if you want to stop over.