Milwaukee Harbor 2/23 & 2/24

Made it out to the harbor both yesterday and today for a short afternoon trip. Yesterday I fished from 2:45-5:30 and the bite was pretty hot. Landed 12 browns with the biggest being just over 10 pounds. Also lost a ~15 pounder that was always just a hair out of the reach of my net and after spinning the yak around twice he got caught in the anchor rope and snapped me off. Lots of other misses and spit hooks as well. Most were caught jigging and a few on spawn sacs.

Went out this afternoon 1:30-5 with a couple other kayakers and it was a bit slower but we still found a few. I don't think the discharge was on as the water temp was much colder than yesterday and the fish weren't stacked up. Still found a few nearby jigging along the breakwalls and mouth of the river. Landed 9 browns, mainly on the small side. Had to use the kayak as an icebreaker in order to get back to the launch due to all of the skim ice that had formed while I was out there. Not a fun thing to do with a plastic hull :help:

IMG_2044_zpsa549dde0.jpg

IMG_2055_zpsc964d020.jpg

IMG_2031_zps3a970297.jpg

Haven't seen open water in a long time...jealous!

Nice job on the browns. What's the biggest fish you have caught out of yak? Is it the king in the avatar?

Thanks guys. And yes that's the biggest king out of the yak at 29.12#, 43-1/4" long, 24-3/4" girth. Goal this year is a brown over 20#. Had one in the upper teens in December but nothing else has been very close since.