11in Paddle's

• 2 months later...
Paddles = Flashers. The rectangular, non-spin doctor/fish-shaped style.

Thanks, can you run spoons off these?

Have no idea what a oceana or a hypnotist is and a web search came up with nothing that would attach to a paddle...easily anyway. :)

Al

not too often do I not have at least one white paddle with an oceana or hypnotist on

My killer combo 2 summers ago was big white paddle/riverside fly......had to keep multiples on board, and it paid off.....:thumb:

I can see you all are buying your tackle from somewhere else than I go to. :)

I have Marine General here in Minn and not much else, but I'm assuming a riverside fly is just that, a fly and they have them.

Thanks. again :)

Al

I can see you all are buying your tackle from somewhere else than I go to. :)

I have Marine General here in Minn and not much else, but I'm assuming a riverside fly is just that, a fly and they have them.

Thanks. again :)

Al

Hypnotist Rapture Trolling flies is the original, like the pickle sunshine DWand the riverside KRW. Same colors, different company.

Hypnotist Rapture Trolling flies is the original, like the pickle sunshine DWand the riverside KRW. Same colors, different company.

Thanks, and I thought there was a lot to walleye fishing :)

al

As previously stated I always ran an 11" white/glow paddle with a white rapture trolling fly 20'-50' back on my center/deepest rigger. Didn't always take the most fish but always was responsible for the biggest kings/lakers in the box. I believe it plays a crucial role in the overall spread dynamic.

Is there a maximum water depth to look for or just where you find them?

al

There no maximum. When you find kings 75+ feet down big paddles with longer leads on flies always seem to work.

Ive used paddles 160 down in 220FOW and caught fish.

Mid day/high sun I switch it for a meat rig with a big paddle.

There is no maximu depth. Let the water temp determine that. I believe kings are most active in the 42-48degree range (mostly due to bait an forage preferring 50-54 degree temps)and I set my spread in accordance with that in mind. In other words my deepest lure runs in 42 degrees and my highest runs in the 48 degree. There are exceptions spawning run or early/late in the day. From this temp and depth info I determine my best colors an application of delivery. Weather and waves play a prominent role as well.

Thanks, that gives me at least a starting point, and looks like a fishhawk is in the future. :)

Appears temps are key on the great lakes, to much water to just take a guess.

Al

Check out itoflies.com They have everything you would need or want in flies. ITO Flies are the only flies we use on our boat Boatre Dame out of Michigan City. The Duck Fart combo is a great starter. Bottom line ITO Flies catch fish.