slide divers

Raven

hello all I am new to the site an LOVE to Fish for Salmon/Steelhead in lake Michigan...I have been out of the fishing world for many years, just now getting back in it and heard much talk of using slide divers with meat rigs...how exactly do these things work. And how do u set them up? I use downriggers with meat rigs or j-plugs. would appreciate any info on this. thank you

A slide diver allows you to set the lure distance as far behind the diver as you want without having to handline the leader at the boat.

Never used em but heard a lot about em. Also heard new weights are being made this year to get slide divers up to 150' down.

Somebody who knows more will probably chime in.

I've used them for many years and think they give the angler an advantage over dipsy types. Every day can vary with how the fish bite, and the length of the lead from the ball or diver to the lure will make for hookups. Slide Divers give you that edge in lead lengths, without having to retie the entire setup. Heavier weights are also giving the angler greater depths when the fish are deep. Try them, you'll like them. Welcome aboard Tim, great question.