Tracks ?

Going from a tin boat to a glass boat I've found the track system will work better than attaching each device separately.

Plus it gives me more mounting options.

Will 1/8 aluminum plate work as a backing plate or should I go thicker, say 3/16ths maybe, or??

Also any suggestions for mounting the Flobe rod holders onto the track system?

Much difference between the popular systems, Bert's, Cannon, Traxstech or Cisco?

New to track systems so any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

This is all going on a Larson 2020FX dc and I'll be using downriggers and sometimes in line planer boards off the tracks for trout/salmon.

tia

Al

For the backing plate it really depends on how thick the boat's deck/gunnel is where the track is being mounted. Thicker deck = thinner backing plate. Most backing plates I have seen used are 1/4" but on thicker fiberglass even big fender washers are sufficient.

I personally prefer the mounting hole pattern on Traxstech over Bert's. I also prefer the textured finish over the "chromed" type finish. When items are moved around in the tracks, it doesn't get scuffed up as much and the set screw marks don't show. Both Traxstech and Bert's offer the finish.

Bert's offers a slide in track mount adapter to allow use of rod holders that mount that way. I have a couple of them that I bought thinking I'd use with some Cabela's rod holders with the same mounting type when walleye drifting. I don't use them very much though and would sell them if you are interested.

t355_7a2ea6643c6aa6389f6c49695b0d9d05.jpg?1329247870

Thanks guys, the track will be about 36" I think.

I don't have boat but it'll either be that or 48" maybe, depending on how I set up, one long track might be the way to go as I'd like to run a rod holder just to the right of the drivers seat when trolling especially.

I'll try and figure thickness and go from there, 1/4" or thinner sounds good.

SeaCatchMich, will they work with the Flobe mounts?

I've heard the Cannon and Flobe mounts are interchangeable ?? but not sure on Cabela's stuff.

If so, maybe PM me with a price, thanks.

Al

• 4 weeks later...