New Fishawk with Depth reading

I've had two fish hawk over the years and they work fine. My latest is the X-4, it's great. The X-4D with depth of the ball is new and haven't heard anything yet.

I know the speed and temp fish hawks work well, but I haven't heard about the one with the depth option. That's the one I want to purchase. I have a Cannon speed, temp and depth, but the display go intermittent once I go pass 87'. I want to get away from the coated cable.

I bought an X-4D last year, I also had been using a Cannon and liked having the depth feature. The X-4D was a definite improvement over the Cannon but the readings weren't as consistent as I would have liked. In all fairness though, I haven't contacted Fish Hawk to try to resolve the issue. I suspect that it is fixable from what I have heard. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the X-4D again.

I use the X4D and have found it very useful, especially once when the counter went out on one of my riggers. I have my transom transducer mounted about 20-24 inches from my outdrive and my readings seem to be accurate. I do get occasional readings where it seems to kind of freak out and give funny readings for about 20 seconds and then either reacquires the signal or reset itself. I'm very happy I added it.

• 5 months later...

I mounted my X4D far away from the drive and just a couple of inches to the inside of the trim tabs. The readings are rock solid. As mentioned you have to use your GPS speed for the surface, since they used that display for the ball depth. The unit is great, no wires on a cable to deal with or wear out/replace.

LB

post-4038-14498787940525_thumb.jpg