Wixom 12/14

Made it out with my buddy on Wixom. Fished Friday not and didn't do worth a darn.

Headed to a different spot on Saturday morning, Set up my new clam 6 pack and got cozy. We were into the fish immediately and experienced a very aggressive early bite. About 1030-1100 the fish went belly to the bottom and began to light lip making catching a wee more difficult. We ended the day about 1230 with 45 keepers, mainly crappie and a few blue gills to go along with them. Ice was 4-5". Good luck and be safe

wixomcrappie.jpg

wp_20131215_005.jpg

20-25'. My, new to me, vexilar fl18 with auto zoom really helped me out once the fish went tight to the bottom. But, before that, they were aggressively feeding, which makes catching them a breeze. Before i was done buttoning up the new clam 6 pack mag 1660 my buddy who took me to this spot was putting fish on the ice. There was maybe another 6-12 people fishing there too. I did try muddy bay on Friday night, and i was NOT on the fish. That is only 5' in there, some dudes fishing near me cleaned up though. Love the early ice bite :thumb: