NWR rigs (Combo rigs)

So... I am the first to admit, I will try dang near anything to catch fish...

Big al's flashers (Worked)

Brad's Cut Blug (works sometimes)

Meat (Sad to say it works alot)

Hot n tots (worked)

J-13 (worked)

However... the number one thing that I believe improved my catch rates in 2013 was what we called the Nuclear weapon rig.

Any amount of copper, followed by 2-3 colors of lead on the end. I ran one side of the boat for almost a month with standard copper set ups and the other side with the NWR. The NWR side out fished the standard side 2-1.

Needless to say that by the end of the year, ALL my copper has core on the end.

Even if it does not make a huge difference on catching fish, it makes setting copper a sinch in the dark. Once you get the 2 colors of core off the copper slides right through the eyes without any issue.

Anyone else try this..

Any feedback?

Yea I played around with with this a few years ago. I still keep up to 8 colors on the boat, so i still do run lead. When i was doing it i had it on a 450 caught some fish, didnt think it was a major factor. I took it off because i didnt like changing a 450 with a 3 color on it.

NWR, SWR, presentation is everything. Sometimes is just doesn't matter what you do or put out. Other times small tweaks in the way lures are presented will pay dividends. It all boils down to, "Find out what they want and give em lots of it."

I'm working on a heat seeking ploon. Its a mix between a plug and a spoon with a radar guided heat seeking head (which will be available in 3 colors). Its guaranteed to seek out any fish within 300 meters and either entice them to bite or nuke them till they glow. Sign up now for first editions which will be marketed soon for about $6375.00 but for prerelease buyers there is a $2.00 discount.

• 2 weeks later...