Dec 1 ,2013 , Huron, Ohio

With all the ice on the Michigan side of Lake Erie I knew a trip to Huron , Ohio was needed. I finally got all of my shopping and chores done by Saturday. The weather was going to be nice and most of my buddies reports were fantastic. Some of my crew bailed at the last minute. There were just two onboard for this trip, meaning only 4 rods to fish :( After an Ohio license debacle for my partner we got out just before 11 am. We set up about a mile upwind from a waypoint of a buddies from the day before. We were marking fish. I tried some different lures, depths, and speeds. Two passes and not a pull back:( My friends called me over too where they were ( only 1/4 mile away). We set up and had one in five minutes. Purple Easter egg Deep Husky 70 back at 1.1 mph. That lure fired 3 more times on that pass. I started putting out different colored Deep Huskies around the same depth. After a few more hits I figured out that they wanted the white base color at 70 back. Blue Phantom and Purple Easter Egg ( both Big Papa Custom colors) took most with a couple on Purpledescent.We ran out of light, but really had them going at the end. We finished with 11. Most guys are catching between 10 and 25 fish a day down there. I hope that the cold and wind go away so we can get back down for some more trolling .Aaronwalleyechartertrollinglakeeriedeephuskyjerk_zps9a3ca5ef.jpgDeephuskyjerklakeeriewalleyecharterskamera_zpsb65e4dcd.jpg