Deer Season 2013

mattmishler

The last few years were are finally seeing the bucks that stay around all year, putting our own version of QDMA in to action here in middle Michigan. Passing lots of small bucks, keeping them around really is playing into the results.

Season started out with a nice youth hunt buck

image_59420.jpg

My uncle took 3.5 year old 8 point the 4 week of bow season(first one seen in a few years)

image_61364.jpg

I finally got my but in gear after passing lots of small bucks and fill a tag the 11/19pm

image_229626.jpg

Not to be outdone with next night by my grandpa, very nice 3.5 year old.

grandpa_deer.jpg

Great season, good luck

Looks like a great season, you got some nice bucks there!

I'm hoping the LPDMI proposal passes too. Surveys are in the mail now. Deer hunting will be so much more exciting with more 2-1/2 year old + bucks out there.

It is now law for 3 pts a side in the NW 12 counties in MI. The new proposal is for 4 a side in southern MI. I think enforcement will be no different than it is now for antler restrictions we have with combo tags. It is really going to come down to ethical sportsman following the rules. The vast majority do but there will always be some poachers. The first year will be tougher when people are forced to apply some trigger restraint but I think people will be amazed at the results in years 2, 3 and forward. Letting small bucks grow just one extra years really makes a difference. Your post proves it and I've seen it first hand where I hunt. State land hunters will reap the benefits too that currently only private land hunters can manage to get now.

Nice job on the whole family scoring on bucks Matt. I am all in on the 4 to a side restriction. Might stop some of the big bad brown is down hunters from killing anything that walks. However the Farmers in Southern Michigan will go ballistic. They call them rats as it is.

Antler point restrictions will force people to shoot does if they can't fill their buck tags on legal deer so I think the farmers and especially insurance companies will be happy with the new regulations for 2014 season. I am all for shooting me some 3.5 and 4.5 year old deer in 2016 and beyond