not a rant but just an opinion.

sherman51

first off let me say thank you to all our service people. I served my country from 72 until 76 and an proud to have been a marine.

I never could understand why so many people get off work for veterans day and the real vets have to work. I worked in a factory for most of my life and always had to work on veterans day while others that have never served in the military got this day off. I think if they are going to have a day to honor vets they should give them the day off and keep offices and banks and such open. thanks for letting me post my opinion.

Let me first thank you for you service and second disclose I have never served in the military. I agree with you whole heartedly as people in this country have forgotten those who have sacrificed some much for us to have the freedoms that we all enjoy. Thanks to those who serve and have served to give us the freedom to enjoy this great country.

Sherm, Thank You very much for your service to our country. It would seem appropriate that all vets get the day off.:thumb::thumb: Maybe some movement should be started. If the employer couldn't or wouldn't pay I think a lot of the people in the workforce that didn't serve would be willing to work an extra shift or day to make up for this deserved perk for our vets.

I know that the Post Offices are also closed today. Many of the people working there and at banks etc have also served our country. Many of the federal jobs give priority to our vets, as they should. God Bless all our vets.