Hard water 2013-2014

With the snow on the ground this morning and even thought we have about 45 days of hunting left, the thought of hard water has me thinking it might be a good time to get the gear out and get set up.

Had a tough year for ice last year in the Allegan,Barry county area but when I did get out I had the best season for ice fishing I have ever had.

just wondering how many out there hit the hard water when it arrives.?

2013-02-24_12-34-39_546_zpsdaf605dd.jpg

I love ice fishing. But the ice down here hasn't been good the last couple years and didn't get out once last year. Hoping for a more normal winter this year. Bluegills, Crappie, pike and occasionally get up to Gull for some smelt action. Lots of fun .....

i spend a lot of time on lake of the woods (MN side). should be early ice hopefully locks solid this year for good ice. last year 8 in broke up floated north then came back down and froze for ****. first trip is scheduled for 12/22-12/29 but could go early if things work right. iv'e spent the last 6 Christmases up there; i know kinda selfish of me lol

I love it, hope I can put the big shanty out this year. I could not put it out last year due to ice thickness. Here's some pics from my gallery going back some past years.

img_20130216_130006.jpg

master_angler_gills.jpg

olivia_s_2008_master_angler_spec.jpg

I like this kind of "ice" fishing during the winter a lot too:

pier2.jpg

Don't let this be you:no:

img_20121231_134222.jpg

It was just a drill on my lake

Good luck this season!

I honestly haven't been out the last 2 winters. Between Parker being born and starting a new job it just didn't work out. Now that Parker is older and I don't have to work weekends anymore I plan on getting out at least a few times this year. I used to go out to different lakes and fish a lot of different species but mostly just go to Higgins and fish smelt now. Instead of running all over chasing fish, I let them come to me!

• 4 weeks later...