Celebrated the end of a great summer with a looong trip yesterday - the boat goes into storage today. :(

The sunrise bite at the pierheads didn't result in any fish, so I thought I'd head out deep to see if I could find where the 2-3 year-olds are hiding. They have to be somewhere...

I ran out to 220 and didn't mark any fish until 250+. Picked up a nice steelhead in 270 FOW, down 110 on a rigger on a dark green NBK spinny. Then a mid-size Laker hit on a 300 copper with a white/green frog spinny with a hypnotist fly. After that it was very slow, with occasional 1 year-old kings on spoons over the next few hours.

I worked 260-280, reaching 19 miles off shore. Wound up 6 for 7, with a nice grouping of eaters. High setups didn't produce anything - there was bait suspended at 100 feet down, so I focused there. Hits were evenly split on flasher/fly and spoons; meat didn't produce and surprisingly neither did small orange spoons. I did get one small steely on a slider, but otherwise everything was deep.

It was rough early (2-3 with occasional 4's), then it laid down and became one of the more beautiful days I've had on the water. Great way to end the season! :thumb: