Copper or wire help!?

for wire convector 30 work fine spool each with 1000 ft of 30 lb wire. Rods I like the blue diamond roller rods in 10 ft for the stiffness to get around my side riggers.

If you have 10 colors of lead I would set up 225 copper and 300 coppers. 225 on 45 convector with 300 yds of 50 lb power pro with a piece of 30 ft of 30 lb mono between the pp and the copper

the 300 on a 55 convector and 300 yds 50 lb pp and again the 30 ft piece of mono between the pp and copper

My wire rods are

Convector 30d w 1000 on convector diver rods with twilli tips

Coppers

Convector 45 with 150, and 200, with 30lbs mono backing

Convector 55l with 250 an 300 with 30 lbs mono backing. All on bass pro boat rods

There is a reel fill calculater on this site somewhere that was pretty close I used it on all my rods

I would use smaller rods for the divers if you are going to run more then 4 divers. You want the wire divers on the inside and the mono outside on the longer rod. You might also run power pro instead of the mono and save some money on the upgrade for wire. I would then get six copper rods! The cheaper rods work but the high dollar rods are nicer. I would get two 300 coppers in 45lb. I would also get a 250,150 in either 45 or 32 lb. I use power pro for backer on all the copper lines but there are other good ways to do it. I would use convectors 55 on all but you can get by with the 45 for the 150 copper. The clarions are much nicer if you have the money. Make sure to pick up some tx44 planner boards for the loner coppers.

Coppers

Convector 45 with 150, and 200, with 30lbs mono backing

Convector 55l with 250 an 300 with 30 lbs mono backing.

Not a fan of mono for backing, braid or fireline. If you find an issue with tying with either, splice in a segment of mono between the braid/fireline and the copper. That is just my personal take on it....different strokes for different folks. I find you can get higher test line and put more on the spool compared to mono. :thumb:

And, it doesn't matter what you do with the coppers. 100, 200, 300, 450, 600's....whatever you end up with, you're going to eventually have the thought that you want/need something else as well. Just seems we can never have enough

A lot of guys when setting up a wire diver reel will put all 1000 feet of wire on the reel.

The wire is expensive so what i do is buy one 1000 ft spool or wire and put 500 feet on each reel. You will need to conect the wire to some mono backing via a simple knot. Fill the reel a good ways with mono then put your 500 ft of wire on. Do the same with the other reel. Just make sure you have plenty of mono on the reel so the spool fills up when you add the wire, otherwise your counter on the reel will be off. counters are designed to work with the spool full. This may seem cheap to some people, but why do you need 1000 ft of wire on one reel.