took a stroll down to Crescent Marina - lots of drain water flooding out into Mac - 4th cast whipping the Mepps 5 and had a Chinook on - only lasted about 20 seconds - screaming the drag and shaking thee ole head - gone

this is very early for Crescent - probably not many in there - will try a little later again

east side of lake macatawa - by Heinz

I went back and had another one on there later this afternoon - was whipping a happy meal moonshine spoon (smaller size) and a king drilled it and came out of the water - lots of minnows jumping around there too - I think the kings are advancing down the lake...

anyone find them in Holland channel again today OR out front off the piers? been too busy to get out there and try it...

I didn't see any in the Macatawa River this afternoon. Forgot my polarized glasses though, not that it helps much in that nasty water.

I didn't see any in the river, either. The stream was a bit murky from yesterday's rains, but the creek is quite shallow at the old CC so the would have been easy to spot.

went back to Crescent today and fished for about a half an hour - no kings there today - did catch a nice largemouth on a hotntot though - need to get out on the jon boat again sometime in the next day or two - am going to troll the east side of Mac with 8 orange boards and a couple riggers running a variety of depths and see if I can find em - no doubt the main thing I am going to find is sheephead and weeds, but worth a try...