looking for update report - holland channel/mouth

Tired of the last thread over orange boards - interested instead in an update report on the salmon bite out front and in the channel. Any one been out yesterday or today?

Also, a thread or two back I asked if anyone had a strategy for bagging kings as they move further east into Mac - would love to hear about that....

It was actually a fishing a fishing report.....till the complaining started......i havent heard anything goin on,dont know anyone who has been out, if i hear anything ill post back on your thread. I have enjoyed reading your channel reports.....thanks.

I was out in front of the pierheads doing a solo for a couple of hours last night. Very few marks until sundown, then I marked some fish just north of the entrance. No takers, though. Pretty slow night, at least for me.

Trying again in the morning...

if you follow the south side of the lake past the tiara docks the fish will hole up in that area till they run up the river , I have talked to a lot of guys that have caught kings all the way to the end of the no wake zone.

Good tip, Jim. I've taken some sheepshead and walleyes in that area, but no kings yet. Will have to give that a pass in the AM.

Are you speeding up for these fall kings or still fishing 2.0-2.5?

fished Mon from 5 till dark we went 1 for 4 (close to 20lbs). Took 2 hits between big red and the end of the pier, other hits were just out in front of the south pier. Diver set at 3, 40 back / sliver and red j plug took two hits, rigger at 20 / green paddle with green fly, lost a small fish. Big fish came on a four color / lucky charms plug. We saw a fish caught off north pier around 5:30.

PS Fished Muskegon solo this Am. Saw lots of boats hooked up. Went 1 for 6 :mad: Had two big fish bust me off. Every thing was in out in front of the piers to 45 fow or just north. All on plugs, Rigger set at 25/ green splatter back. Dipsy at 3 - 60 back/ wonder bread. Four color / silver and red. Seemed like they wanted it slow 1.8 to 2.0 north/south troll worked best.

went 1/2... fish on the south side of the channel. White paddle and fly... 17 pounder. Missed one that wrapped around big red!! That was Tuesday evening 9-18. I was the only one I saw land anything. Saw a couple hits, but broke off!! Hope this helps. All fish were on an east troll coming into the channel on the south side.. all the fish I saw hit other boats were the same area same troll