Wild at heart combat report 9/13pm and 9/14am

Friday night went 8-10 with 4 kings. 1@20#... two cats and two walleyes @7# and 10#. All fish came in the channel from big red and mac. Blue and green plugs on riggers and orange jointed rapalas on two and three colors. Thanks for tip FBD. Saturday morning went 9/14 withe 150#. Started out front and went 6-8 then got the rest in the channel. Same plugs on riggers in the lake. Boards pulling 2,3 colors and 75 copper on fire. All boards late. Divers back 40 mountain dew spin doctor. Biggest 23 and 20. Hooked a spin doctor in the channel with a 25-28# king attached to it but missed it with the net. If you dont run boards in tight combat fishing....you should....hottest rods all weekend.

Never had to in muskegon. Always been riggers and divers up there. Holland channel gets less traffic. When u can run boards you do. When theres no room or no need for running the we dont. Id much rather catch them on rigs and divers.....but not scared to run them when their HOTTT. Just have to be prepared to lose stuff.

You learn very quickly who is competent and who you need to avoid, and boat size is not a factor. Last night I came within 10' of getting t- boned as a guy "could not see me because of the sun". Another guy stopped his boat in the middle of the channel to fight a fish. Fine, but when you stop the fish can go anywhere. Much safer to pull them out of traffic and then slow down to net them.

If people could see that your divers and slide divers were set on 3-5 you probably woudnt make any friends. LOL. Lots of times our boards were 6-8 ft away from the boat. The boards are orange and really stand out though.

Wow - Aren't we a bit touchy. Seems like a lot of fihermen worry about others. Everyone just wants to enjoy the water the same as you guys. I am sure we have all ticked someone off and I am sure it was not on purpose. The price you pay when fishing is good. Lets just talk about the fishing and help each other out. Just making a statement.

I agree with FBD...first on the list would be the boats not knowing what they are doing.....last would be how guys are catching their fish. 9 times out of 10 the guys pulling boards have a good idea of whays goin in....example(always knew where FBD was going most boats unpredictable). Also would bet 9 outta 10 that have planer board issues dont even combat fish

Pretty much every boat out there in holland runs boards.. The only people who don't are the people where they have no idea what's going on and they run a couple downriggers and run through everyone's lines.. So don't bash on him for running them as most people out there in the pierheads do run them.. And most of the time they catch the most fish!

Probably had 20 bites on the boards out of 38 in the last 3 trips with most comin on orange and gold jointed rapalas. For better hook ups with the rapalas remove front hook and use bigger size trebles in the back.